Bariatric Surgery Unit
- Abha Clinics
- Beverly Clinics
One of our main principles in the department of bariatric surgery is the preparation for the surgery. And we achieve that via following an internationally recognized protocol, to help the patients be ready for the surgery; medically, nutritionally, psychologically, and physically to ensure the safety of the patient and the success of the operation in terms of losing weight and being in good health at the same time.
And to provide such excellent care to our patients, we've built a high-performing medical team with an immense experience in obesity medicine and bariatric surgeries.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- The Gastric sleeve surgery reduces the size of the stomach to be approximately 25-30% of its original size. And the remaining of the stomach is removed using surgical staplers so that the stomach becomes more like a tube in the form of a banana reducing the amount of food the patient can eat at each meal with a rapid sense of satiety.
- The operation is performed via laparoscopy and requires general anasthesia and staying overnight at the hospital.
- Its results are excellent, and the expected rate of weight loss is from 50% to 70% of the body weight during the first 12 to18 months after the surgery.
- Obesity-related diseases such as Diabetes, High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea are expected to improve significantly with a better quality of life.
- The Gastric sleeve surgery needs to be followed by a healthy diet in the long run to ensure the best results.
The Gastric Bypass Surgery:
- The purpose of Gastric bypass surgery is to change the course of how the food is digested. By connecting a small part of the stomach (in the form of a tube) to the middle part of the small intestine. So that food absorption does not occur in the largest part of the Jejunum.
Revisional Bariatric Surgery
It aims to:
- Treatment of the complications resulting from previous bariatric surgery, such as GERD, severe malnutrition, ulcers, and Gastric leaks.
- Correction of a failed previous bariatric surgery that was unable to reduce more than 50% of the excess weight in three years after surgery.
(4) Doctors in Bariatric Surgery UnitView All (4) Doctors
Turki Atia Al-qurashi
Dr. Naif Abdullah Alenazi
Dr. Abdulhamid Al-Omari
Dr. Ahmed Quirat