10 health benefits of cardio exercise
Physical activities that accelerate heart rate and increase the amount of oxygen in your blood are commonly called cardio exercises. These exercises include running, cycling, swimming, hiking, etc. To obtain the full benefits of cardio exercises, it's recommended to practice them for at least 30 minutes, for 5 – 7 days a week.
Here are some of the benefits you can receive from cardio exercises:
- An effective treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Stimulates blood circulation and helps get clearer healthier skin.
- Safely and effectively promotes weight loss while preserving muscle bulk.
- Increases blood flow throughout the body and decreases the risk of stroke.
- Promotes the brain’s cognitive skills and improves memory and concentration.
- Combats decline in the brain’s functioning with age and helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Helps get comfortable and restful sleep and prevents sleep disorders and maintain overall health.
- Improves mood and is widely used for the management of many psychological disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Increases bone density and protects against bone diseases, such as osteoporosis and arthritis, and reduces the chances of hip fracture.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, as they help maintain blood glucose levels and enhance the functional capacity of the pancreas.