To manage sore throat at home, it's advised to apply the following home remedies:
1. Making a drink consists of warm water, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger: it tends to be one of the most effective home remedies for treatment of sore throat.
2. Warm fluids, such as green tea or chicken soup: it helps in cough suppression as well as elimination of mucous secretions.
3. Gargling with 1/2 teaspoon of salt dissolved in a cup of warm water: this helps in relieving swelling and inflammation of throat.
4. Steam inhalation: this will help in dissolving thick mucus and soothing sore throat.
5. Over-the-counter analgesics and anti-histamines, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen: to relief pain associated with sore throat.
On the other side, it's advised to see a doctor if sore throat associated with one of the following:
• No improving after 7 days.
• High grade fever
• Severe pain.
• Coughing of blood.
• Enlarged of lymph nodes in the neck.
• White patches on the back of the throat.
• Losing of voice.
• Problems related to swallowing or breathing.
World class doctors and facilitiesGet consultation for your health care queries and treatment today!