5 tips to minimize thirst during Ramadan
It’s common to feel thirsty when fasting for long hours during the intense summer heat. Therefore, it is important to take the necessary precautions to stay hydrated when fasting for Ramadan.
Here are a few tips to help minimize thirst during the fasting period:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages and soft drinks as these have diuretic effects and can increase thirst.
- Take a few sips of water at regular intervals during the time between Iftar and Suhoor to replenish body fluids.
- Limit the intake of salty and processed foods as these can reduce the level of body fluids and cause dehydration.
- Eat fruits and vegetables rich in dietary fibers during Suhoor and Iftar as fibers store water which help replenish body fluids.