6 Facts about COVID-19 Delta variant
1. COVID-19 Delta variant was first discovered in India, but it has spread later to more than 70 countries all over the world.
2. According to medical experts, COVID-19 Delta variant is more contagious and produces more severe symptoms compared with other strains of COVID-19.
3. COVID-19 Delta variant affects mainly the respiratory tract, so the most common clinical presentation includes the following symptoms:
• Sore throat.
• Runny nose.
4. Symptoms of COVID-19 Delta variant tend to be more severe. So, marked deterioration of the general condition as well as respiratory problems usually occurs within 3-4 days of infection.
5. Latest medical studies showed that vaccination is effective against COVID-19 delta variant provided that 14 days have passed since full vaccination to ensure complete protection.
6. According to medical statistics, prognosis of COVID-19 Delta variant is worse than other strains of COVID-19.