Skip to main content
As we age, our skin undergoes several changes, which results in our skin becoming:
- Dry, rough, and itchy.
- More susceptible to bruising due to thinner blood vessel walls.
- More prone to developing skin lesions, such as benign tumors.
- Loose skin due to the loss of elastic tissue (elastin and collagen).
- The skin loses subdermal fat, leading to skin sagging.
- Transparent due to thinning of the surface layer of skin (epidermis) and the deeper layer of skin (dermis).
However, certain factors exacerbate skin changes and cause premature signs of aging. These factors include:
- Lack of sleep
- Exposure to direct sunlight for long durations