6 tips for breastfeeding women during Ramadan
Fasting may affect milk production in breastfeeding women as the overall health condition, and nutritional status affects milk production.
Here are a few tips to help promote the production of breast milk during Ramadan:
- Herbal supplements can help promote milk production in breastfeeding mothers during Ramadan.
- Consume foods that stimulate milk production, such as dates and fenugreek, during the period between Iftar and Suhoor.
- Increase the amount of fluid intake during the time between Iftar and Suhoor to replenish body fluid levels and prevent dehydration.
- Consume foods rich in protein such as meat, eggs, fish, poultry, and dairy products as they promote overall health and stimulate milk production.
- Limit the consumption of soft drinks and caffeinated beverages as these have a diuretic effect, which leads to water loss and decreases milk production.
- In case of severe exhaustion, hypotension, or loss of consciousness, stop fasting immediately and seek medical advice regarding fasting while breastfeeding.