7 foods that can help relieve arthritis pain
People with chronic arthritis experience recurrent episodes of joint pain. However, eating foods that have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties can help reduce joint pain. Here are a few foods you can eat to help relieve arthritis pain:
- Oily fish, such as tuna, salmon, and mackerel, are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and can reduce inflammation.
- Green tea is high in nutrients and antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and minimize joint pain episodes.
- Spices and food flavorings, such as ginger and turmeric, have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation.
- Vegetables such as mushrooms, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and broccoli contain anti-inflammatory properties that can help manage arthritis pain.
- Heart-healthy oils, such as olive oil and canola, are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 and contain anti-inflammatory properties that help ease joint pain.
- Antioxidant-rich fruits such as apples, pomegranates, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and cranberries, can help ease joint inflammation.
- Nuts are high in protein and help suppress arthritis-associated inflammatory reactions. However, it is vital to consume unsalted nuts to reduce sodium intake, which can exacerbate arthritis.