Seizure is medically defined as a period in which the functions of the brain are altered due to high or abnormal load of electrical discharges produced by the brain cells. Seizures develop due to many health problems, the most commonly causes include epilepsy as well as high grade fever, especially in infants.
Most cases of seizure are mainly manifested with convulsions, but in certain circumstances convulsions may be absent. Instead, it could be manifested with other clinical signs, such as; staring with eyes, unresponsiveness, fine twitches and confusion.
To help a person with a seizure, it's advised to do the following tips:
1. Place the person on his side (to avoid backward fall of the tongue and to prevent suffocation).
2. Remove eyeglasses as well as any object or jewelry around the neck.
3. It's strictly forbidden to put anything in the mouth of the patient.
4. Remove any dangerous objects around the patient (source of fire, knives… etc.) and wait.
5. Don't oblige the patient to stop any movement.
6. Watch the time and call the emergency if the seizure lasts more than 5 minutes.
7. Stay bedside the patient until medical help arrives.
World class doctors and facilitiesGet consultation for your health care queries and treatment today!